Welcome to month 2 of my aged domain case study with Sumit from SerpNames. If you are late to the party you can read month 1 here.
The website officially launched on May 5, 2022.
Here are some quick stats for month 2:
- 3 posts were added (3,512 words total)
- 4 SEO tool posts added (1,212 words total) – these need to be improved and optimized
- Google Search Console showing 366 keywords as of June 30, 2022 (growth of 144 from Month 1)
Month 2 revenue: $27.04
Now let’s dig deeper into the details below.
Work Done In Month 2 (June 2022)
Sadly, I did not come close to completing my Month 2 goals. This is the norm for those that want to start a website while trying to work full-time and with a busy family.
I am hoping to accomplish more in month 3, since I do have a vacation scheduled!
I added a total of 3 posts with 3,512 words of content.
This is 9 posts shy of the 10 I had wanted to add. That was a might big goal I had, what was I thinking?
I also added 4 SEO tools but they are not well-optimized yet.
I had also noted that I would start re-optimizing the old content from the aged domain but did not get to that either.
Month 2 Statistics
So the traffic is pretty much still nothing and there was no real growth. With little new content and no real promotion, this was expected and is not implying the domain is bad in anyway!
Here are the stats for June 2022:
- Total users: 371
- Direct: 211
- Social: 103
- Organic: 33
- Email: 17
- Referral: 9
- Pageviews: 906
- Average time on page: 1:13
- Bounce rate: 71%
This is the most disappointing area, but it is my own fault for not investing more time.
According to Ahrefs, I rank for 14 keywords in the United States. Yeah, that is pathetic, but expected and understood.
In Google Search Console I see 366 keywords ranking for the website.
Month 2 Earnings
You might think there are no earnings at all given the horrible statistics above, but – you would be wrong.
I actually did make a few dollars in Month 2!
Total earnings: $27.04
Yep, I actually made almost $30 in month 2, not bad for a site that barely gets traffic!
Month 3 Roadmap (July 2022)
Here is what I am planning for month 3:
- Add 5 new educational articles
- Add 5 new SEO tool profiles that are 100% optimized
- Edit and update original content that was moved to the website from the old domain
- Create custom call-to-actions (CTAs) for posts
- Add popup subscribe functionality to grow a newsletter
- Start internal linking
Many of these to-dos are from Month 2 since I got nothing done. But with a vacation I know I can get this done!